Dunkin' Punkin' Muffins

Runners don't begin by running marathons, right? Well, that's the logic I'm using anyways. I can cope better with baby steps than I can with giant strides - at least for startsies. 

The recipe I used for my first adventure is SUPER easy and SUPER cheap. I'm not sure that there's an actual name for these muffins, so I took it upon myself to name them the "Dunkin' Punkin's" ... for obvious reasons.

Ingredients:
  • Duncan Hines Cake Mix
  • Libby's Pumpkin


That's all folks. No eggs. No water. No milk. No oil. Just punkin' & cake mix. Idiot proof. Ohhh, but not Ryn proof. Not because I can't follow simple instructions ... mostly just because I think I know best. Also because I'm stubborn. As a mule. 

How to:
  1. Pour your cake mix in your bowl. Make it a big one. Things might get messy.
  2. Open your Libby's Pumpkin and spoon all of it in at once.
  3. Stir. If you're Ryn Tomlinson you stir with a tiny spoon when there's a perfectly good wire whisk sitting on the counter staring at you. Not to mention, a kitchenaid mixer plugged in and ready to use - also sitting on the counter staring at you.  
    1. At this point - I decided that the recipe was fibbing and that the mixture needed alilbit of oil.  It doesn't. Adding oil doesn't affect the taste - just don't expect those bad boys to pop right out of the muffin pan all willy-nilly like. They WILL fall apart.
  4. Once all of the lumps are out, spoon your mixture into a muffin pan. To make the outside of your muffins somewhat more tasty, you might try sprinkling some sugar & cinnamon into the pan before you put the mixture in. 
  5. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. 
    1. About 15 minutes in, I pulled the pans out and sprinkled the tops of the muffins with sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. I've also seen this done with powdered sugar.  Oh, yum. 
  6.  Let your muffins sit for about 5 or 10 minutes so that they don't fall apart when you take them out of the pan. Which of course, yours might not fall apart like my oil-muffins :-/ 
  7. Chow down :) You're welcome. 
Finished Product: 
  Have you tried this recipe? Are there variations? Let me know! Also, enjoy your muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment