Wal-Mart Tailgate Taco Soup


I've been searching Pinterest for an EASY recipe for tailgating, and boy did I hit the jackpot! I found this little gem over at highheelsandgrills.blogspot.com and it was such a huge hit and SO easy. She didn't specify the nutritional value of her ingredients but mine were all either 98% fat free, low sodium, or all natural ... and they all came from WAL-MART! Now, I understand that some of you have your issues with shopping at Wal-Mart and if you choose not to get your ingredients from there I'll understand ... but this soup served at least twelve people and was less than $10.00, and if you haven't yet caught wind of how cheap I am you soon will and the price of this recipe MADE MY DAY.

 This is copied directly from her website...

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained
1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
 1 packet taco seasoning

 Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a large pot. Heat until warm, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips.

NOW ... me being the uneducated cook that I am, instead of getting "green enchilada sauce," brilliant me got "enchilada sauce" in a green can. It was a mis-advertisement ... I'm not claiming fault (publicly.) Although I got the wrong ingredient, I rolled with it and it turned out perfectly fine! I am so glad that I found this great recipe and I'm so excited to share it with you! Happy cooking! 



Wal-Mart (nor tailgating) had any part in the composition of this recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment